Baseball betting fans in Maryland are ready to take game day to the next level. And we’re here to show you how to do it. In this guide, we’ll provide you with the best Baseball betting sites in MD state May 2022.
How Baseball Betting in Maryland Works
As one of the last Mid-Atlantic states to legalize sports betting in Maryland, is on track to become one of the most competitive markets in the arena in the next few years. Are you ready to test your skills?
Wherever you are in Maryland, baseball betting online is simple:
- Know your bets
- Choose your sportsbooks wisely
- Bet smart
Are you ready to place your baseball bets on the very popular sport in MD? There’s never been a better time. And on this page, we break down Baseball betting in MD for you:
- We’ve rounded up the best legal and licensed Maryland sportsbooks.
- We’re breaking down the metrics for a killer baseball betting strategy.
- We’ve found the sign-up bonuses.
- We’ve got tips about making your baseball betting picks from our experts.
- We’re unpacking everything you need to know about baseball betting in Maryland.
All so that your Baseball betting experience can be as smooth as possible.
Best Online Baseball Betting MD
Choosing a online baseball betting site MD is almost as vital as your actual bet. Fortunately, you only have to choose a handful, and we’ve got 5 of the best. When we talk about the best, we’ve done our research.
With current market regulations, all our picks need to be highly trustworthy, offer a versatile user interface, and quick, secure financial transaction handling. But the best Maryland sports betting sites for baseball betting go way beyond that. Here are some of our pro picks:
FanDuel Baseball Betting
Arguably the best for futures betting, FanDuel Maryland lays out a solid selections menu for all your baseball future odds. Their sign-up offers and user interface are brilliant for novice baseball betting in Maryland, but their extensive range and in-play, live betting odds will keep even the most seasoned MD baseball better happy.
PointsBet Baseball Sportsbook
A solid daily betting menu and a great variety of baseball markets put PointsBet Maryland solidly near the top of our list. This baseball sportsbook has a proven track record in the moneyline and run line arenas, and they’ve got an especially generous sign-up offer and futures market.
DraftKings Baseball Betting
Consistently rated across the board as one of the best baseball betting sportsbooks, DraftKings Maryland delivers an easy-to-navigate interface, clean, familiar layouts, extensive payment, and deposit options, and an app that functions well on iOS and Android.
Strong sign-up offers and good promotions, swift payments, and a solid range in their betting menu make DK one to consider for legal baseball betting in Maryland.
BetMGM Baseball Lines
BetMGM Maryland has long been a go-to sportsbook for baseball betting. Its selection of markets and solid sign-up offers make it ultra-competitive online, and it offers some of the best odds in the field. If you’re considering parlay betting, this is the one to watch.
Caesars Baseball Wagers
Caesars Sportsbook Maryland is known for offering a strong sign-up package to new customers and excellent prop markets for baseball bettors who know their stuff. With boosted odds on the moneyline and futures markets, this is a sportsbook with a solid reputation and an agile UI on any mobile device.
Other great Baseball betting sites in MD:
Know you Maryland baseball bets
Baseball betting is a moneyline sport—but you’ve got options other than just picking the winner. A key element in crafting your baseball betting strategy is to know what types of bets are available. Here are the bets you can make… and we’ll show you how to use them.
#1. Moneyline Baseball Betting
This is the most straightforward type of bet: you’ll choose who wins the game. Betting on the underdog is the most lucrative strategy with moneyline betting, provided the underdog manages to pull off an upset on game day.
Pay attention to the starting pitcher. Check innings pitched, earned run average, and walks plus innings pitched. Watch how your baseball betting picks are trending throughout the season.
You can also bet the “First 5” line—so you’re only wagering on the outcome of the first five innings.
Let’s say the moneyline has Baltimore at -160 and White Sox at +140. With the Orioles slated as the favorite, you’d need to put down $160 to win $100. Not liking that return? On the flip-side, if you placed a $100 bet on the White Sox and they pull off the upset of the season, you’ll win a cool $140.
#2. Run Lines Baseball MD
A run line is a point spread or handicap bet in baseball, based on a 1.5 point spread. More specific than a moneyline bet, you’re putting down cash on your team winning—and also on their margin of victory. A run line is usually -1.5 or +1.5.
Betting the run line can deliver bettors an increased payout on a favored team. It can also provide a cushion if you lose, as long as your team stays within the 1.5 spread.
- The White Sox moneyline is +120, run line +1.5 (-170)
- Orioles moneyline Is -130, run line -1.5 (+150)
- A $130 moneyline bet on the Orioles could score you $100 on a $130 wager. But if you’re confident the Orioles will win by more than one run, you could secure $150 off a $100 wager.
#3. Total (Over / Under) for Baseball MD
Totals are based on the total combined number of runs scored in a game. Oddsmakers set the run number, and you bet on whether the total runs will be over or under.
Totals are often set in fractional numbers—like 9.5. If the game total is 9 or less, an under bet cashes. And if the total is 10 or more, an over bet cashes. If a total is set as a whole number, a tie game will result in a push—and bettors will get a refund.
- A Baltimore vs. Tampa Bay game has a 7.5 total, Over (-120) Under (+140).
- You’ve wagered $100 that the total will be 7 or under.
- The final score is 3-3, so the total runs for the game would be 6. Congratulations, your bet cashes out at $140.
#4. Parlay bets for Baseball
A parlay is a higher-risk bet type that offers higher rewards. Bettors put a wager across multiple outcomes—and if all those outcomes are correct, you win.
Parlay bets can seem like a good idea if you have a low betting budget, but multiple money line bets could be more lucrative. If you win the majority of your small money line bets and lose a few, you can still walk away from the sportsbook with a profit. If you win 9/10 picks in a parlay bet and lose the 10th, you’ll lose your wager.
You bet on two games in a parlay:
- Boston (+120) vs. N.Y. Yankees (-200)
- Pittsburgh (+140) vs. Milwaukee (-140)
- Your picks are the Yankees and Pittsburgh for their respective games. You put down $200 on the parlay, and the Yankees win their match.
- You take $100 for the win, plus your initial outlay of $200, and the amount rolls into the second game. The Pirates take the win, and your initial $200 bet pays out at $720 ($300 bet + $420 win).
The risk, of course, is that if either Boston or Milwaukee (or both) win their respective matches, you lose it all.
#5. Futures betting in MD
A future odds wager—also known as Odds to Win in baseball—is pretty straightforward. Correctly select the team that wins a tournament or event that takes place in the future, make your wager, and leave those funds tied up until the event ends.
The most popular futures wager in baseball, is to add some juice at Maryland World Series betting, but there are other options, too.
Feel like this is the year for the Orioles to take out the Series? If the odds were +1000 and you placed a $100 wager, an Orioles win would pad your pocket with an extra $1000.
#6. Prop Bet
If you’re only interested in certain elements or players in the game, a proposition bet is a strong choice. Bet on isolated outcomes like:
- Player performance
- Whether the Orioles will hit a home run next week against the Rays
- Whether they’ll break a .400 winning percentage
For major sporting teams like the Baltimore Orioles, you can bet on just about anything related to gameplay.
#7. Live Bets
This one’s for you if you’re quick on your feet and like an adrenaline rush. Live betting allows you to place wagers as you watch the game. Dynamic baseball odds and lightning-fast updates let you be a part of the action.
Live betting can be incredibly profitable if you keep your head and ignore your heart. The sportsbooks have less time to react and check for crucial mistakes in their lines, and bettors have less time to make crucial decisions.
Picking up the intangibles of the game—signs of an injury that hasn’t been reported, changes in game flow, crowd reactions—can give you an edge over the internet.
Pro Tips For Baseball Betting in Maryland
There are 2,430 games in the MLB betting season in Maryland. With that many games, baseball betting provides near-endless opportunities to get a little skin in the game and make a few bucks.
If you want to maximize your edge on the betting field, we’ve got 10 tips to turning a profit with your baseball betting this season:
- Avoid the big favorites. Recreational bettors usually go for the favorites—and oddsmakers know it. Ultra-popular picks—like the Red Sox, Dodgers, and Cubs—end up overpriced because that’s where the novices are laying their wagers.
- Look at the plus-money underdogs. At +120, +150, and +170, you’re only losing what you risk—but you’ve got the potential to gain valuable plus-money cash outs. It’s not unheard of for an baseball bettor to maintain a sub-50% win rate and still come out with a profit at the end of the regular season.
- Be contrary. Betting against the public can be profitable. The general public is betting with their heart—a favorite team, a home team, a famous player. Historic bias also comes into play—logic tells people a team who performed well last week will also perform well this week.
- Know your metrics. Do your research into teams and players so you can make an informed bet. Metrics that can help include:
- G/F rate
- Run support average
- Bullpen stats
- Team performance against right/left-handed pitching
- Batting average.
The more you know, the more comfortable you can be going against the grain.
- Follow Reverse Line Movement (RLM). Locate sharp action by learning to spot when the betting line moves away from the betting percentages. Sharp money—bets from seasoned pros that the baseball sportsbooks take seriously—that aligns with your wager is an indication you’ve got a good bet on.
- Check the wind. Weather, but especially wind, can have an impact on totals bets. Winds of over 5 mph sway result in over/under bets in favor of under at a rate of 55%. Likewise, when the wind is blowing towards the outfield at more than 8 mph, it can turn fly balls into home runs and drive the odds of an over win.
- Don’t limit yourself. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is limiting yourself to one baseball sportsbook. Shop around, get some good sign-up offers and bonuses, and choose the best baseball sportsbook MD for the specific bet you’ll be making. Go with the baseball sportsbook that has the best return for your bet to increase payouts and diminish losses.
FAQ’s About Baseball Betting in Maryland
Is Betting On Baseball In Maryland Safe?
Yes. Follow our guidelines on the best legal baseball betting sportsbooks in Maryland for a secure, transparent betting experience.
Is Betting On Baseball In Maryland Legal?
Yes. Gov. Larry Hogan signed Maryland’s sports betting bill into law on the 18th of May, 2021. It joins New York, Wyoming, South Dakota, and Arizona as the fifth state to officially legalize sports betting in 2021. As an emergency bill, the HB 940 went into effect immediately.
I’m A Rookie. What Kinds Of Bets Should I Make?
Moneyline bets are straightforward and a great choice for novice baseball bettors. Prop bets can be a low-pressure, highly entertaining way to add new enjoyment to watching your favorite sport.
What Are Some More Advanced Metrics I Could Study To Help Me Maximize My Baseball Betting Strategy?
Baseball is more analytics-driven than ever before, so it can pay off—literally—to understand the metrics experts are using to judge teams and players. Some of the advanced stats that offer predictive value are: Pythagorean wins, Fielding Independent Pitching (FIP) and xFIP, Weighted Runs Created (wRC) and wRC+
Where Does Maryland Sports Betting Revenue Go?
The November 2020 ballot measure and state lawmakers in Maryland have stated explicitly that sports betting revenue will be used to fund public education. Official estimates show that up to $20 million a year in tax revenue could be generated from sports betting in Maryland.