Watching the PGA Masters from your favorite sports bar or your well-worn recliner is something you anticipate every year. Betting on the Masters while in Maryland, however, takes the tournament to a whole new level. You get to bet on the PGA Tour season while it unfolds as professional players vie for the coveted green jacket.
- Guide to betting on the PGA Masters in MD
- Best sportsbooks for Masters betting MD 2023
- Best sportsbooks for The Masters betting in MD
- Betting on The Masters in MD: Our top five tips
- How to sign up for a Maryland PGA Masters sportsbook
- How to bet on the Masters in Maryland
- FAQ’s About The Masters betting Maryland
Guide to betting on the PGA Masters in MD
And now that online sports gambling is legal in Maryland, you’re going to need to know the ins and outs of betting on the decades-old tradition that is the Masters. This PGA Masters betting guide in Maryland is here to help.
In this guide, we cover the types of wagers you will come across, the best Golf sportsbooks in Maryland, our top five Masters betting tips, and we will even answer the most commonly asked questions about betting on the Masters in the state of Maryland.
Best sportsbooks for Masters betting MD 2023
Masters betting Maryland: All sites are 100% legal & licensed by the state.
|Caesars Sportsbook Up to $1,500 in bet credits||Bet now Caesars MD promo code|
|FanDuel Sportsbook Bet $5, get $150 in bonus bets||Bet now FanDuel MD promo code|
|DraftKings Sportsbook Bet $5, get $200 in free bets||Bet now DraftKings MD promo code|
|Pointsbet Sportsbook 2 Free Bets Up to $2,000||Bet now Pointsbet MD promo|
|BetRivers Sportsbook Get up to $500 in free bets||Bet now BetRivers MD promo code|
|BetMGM Sportsbook Up to $1,000 First Bet Insurance||Bet now BetMGM MD bonus code|
Best sportsbooks for The Masters betting in MD
Before we share our top picks of sportsbooks in the Old Line State, we want to remind you that you don’t have to pick just one MD oddsmaker. In fact, we encourage you to sign up with multiple Maryland sportsbooks so that you can shop the lines and get the most out of each and every bet.
Ok, let’s get to it – here is our list of the best sportsbooks in Maryland for The Masters betting:
- DraftKings: This sportsbook is the king of customer service, taking care of new users, longtime customers, and everyone in between. DraftKings offers a wide variety of The Masters bets and has some of the best options of sports you can find in the world of sportsbooks. The promotions are a considerable perk as well.
- FanDuel: With tons of The Masters bets to choose from and a mobile app that is hard to beat, FanDuel is a top pick for Masters betting in Maryland.
- BetMGM: You get tons of bonuses and promotions when betting on the Masters with BetMGM, the world-famous MGM Resorts sportsbook platform.
- PointsBet: PointsBet draws you in with an exceptional bonus and then keeps you there with some of the most inventive betting options we have seen. You will definitely want to check out the wagers this Australian sportsbook offers when it comes to event betting in Maryland.
- Barstool Sportsbook MD: Barstool offers a wide variety of deposit options, has great promos, and excellent daily odds boost.
Now that you have chosen a sportsbook (or two, or three…) and signed up, it’s time to figure out how to bet on the Masters in Maryland.
Betting on The Masters in MD: Our top five tips
If you are new to betting on the PGA in Maryland, you’ve come to the right place. However, if you are an experienced bettor, you, too, have come to the right place; it never hurts to revisit your betting strategies to ensure you are maximizing your profit.
With that in mind, let’s take a look at our top five tips for betting on the Masters in Maryland:
- Do your homework. Study up on the pros’ history, current performance, year-to-date stats, and prior Masters performances. If you get overwhelmed by the sheer amount of golf-related information, you can break the field down. For example, just look at the top -10 favorites to start with, and then move to the next 20.
- Put all emotions aside. As hard as it may be, do not rely on your feelings or emotions when betting on the Masters. Use your head instead. Think rationally and make decisions based on solid research.
- Have a budget and stick to it. Stay within your budget even when it becomes tempting to spend just a little bit more. Gamble responsibly, and you will enjoy the process as much as any winnings your wallet is lucky enough to see.
- Spend time researching the odds board. You want to understand players odds. Study the boards to get an idea of how the betting world views the Masters competitors.
- Make sure to shop the lines. Always compare odds between sportsbooks. They will not be the same, and you want to make sure that you are getting the most bang for your buck. Remember, value is a significant component in the world of online sports betting.
Speaking of shopping the lines, have you signed up with a Maryland sportsbook yet? Better yet, have you signed up for more than one MD oddsmaker? You are going to want to have plenty of options to ensure you get the best available odds when placing bets on the Masters.
If you haven’t created an MD sportsbook account yet, don’t worry. We are here to help. In this next section, we will cover how to sign up with a sportsbook in the Old Line State. We’ll also let you in on our favorite ones to wager online with. Let’s get started!
How to sign up for a Maryland PGA Masters sportsbook
Sportsbooks in Maryland make it easy for you to create an account. For example, you can start betting on golf in Maryland almost immediately after signing up. Oh, and sportsbooks offer plenty of sign-on bonuses to help get you started, which can help you gain experience and establish yourself as an online sports bettor.
Let’s break down just how simple it is to sign up with a sportsbook:
- Step 1: Choose your username.
- Step 2: Create a strong password.
- Step 3: Deposit funds into your account.
- Step 4: Verify your identity.
That’s it – you can sign up and start betting on the PGA Masters in no time. While it’s really that simple, there are a few things you should be aware of when signing up with an oddsmaker. Check out these tips for a seamless process:
- Use a valid email address when signing up so that you don’t miss out on any bonuses or promotions. Even worse, if you don’t use a legitimate email address, you won’t get the validation email allowing you to confirm your account details.
- Sportsbooks typically accept most major credit or debit cards, ACH (an e-check), and Paypal deposit payments. Some even accept cryptocurrency. However, deposit options vary from sportsbook to sportsbook, so be sure to check ahead of time to make sure the method you would like to use is accepted.
- Sportsbooks require that you provide proof of your identity. You will need to submit a government-issued ID and documentation verifying your address, such as a utility bill or bank statement. Identity verification helps prevent fraud from occurring, which is certainly a bonus for you and your bank account.
How to bet on the Masters in Maryland
While this year’s Green Jacket Ceremony is taking place, the odds for next year’s Masters Tournament are already hitting the boards. The winner of the Masters barely has time to enjoy flaunting the jacket as sportsbooks and bettors are looking to futures wagers and more.
When the PGA Masters bets start rolling in, oddsmakers will adjust the odds. There will be plenty of movement on the board as the PGA tour season progresses and players showcase what they are capable of on the green.
So what kind of bets are we talking about when it comes to the Masters? Of course, we’ve mentioned futures, so let’s start there.
With futures bets, you are looking at the entire PGA tour season and predicting how it will unfold. It’s a long-term investment since you won’t see potential profits until winners are announced.
Money Line Bets
Moneyline wagers are one of the most common types of bets, as with many other sports. When you are betting the money line, you are predicting the winner. That’s it. This straightforward bet is all about who will end up with the green jacket at the end of the PGA Masters.
Proposition (props) bets are wagers on a specific action that will be placed during the golf season. Sportsbooks can get really creative with these types of bets. For example, there are cut line props, hole-in-one props, and winning score props, just to name a few.
Here are some examples of PGA Masters props bets:
- Which players will end up in the top 10?
- Will a players record an albatross (a double eagle)?
- Who will the top American be? Who will be the top Australian players?
- Who will be in the lead after each round?
Oftentimes sportsbooks will match up players in what’s called a head-to-head bet. This wager is similar to a money line bet in that you are just choosing who will win between the two players,
Live Betting on PGA Masters
Every type of Masters wager is exciting in its own right, but there’s nothing quite like live betting. You are right there in the middle of the action, placing bets in real-time. Live betting demands quick reactions and smart decision-making. It will test you and frustrate you but can be incredibly rewarding…and oh so exciting.
There are tons of options to choose from when betting on the PGA Masters as it unfolds. Look into what sportsbooks offer regarding in-game betting ahead of time so that you can prepare accordingly.
FAQ’s About The Masters betting Maryland
Yes, it is legal to bet on golf in Maryland. However, you must be at least 21 years of age and be within MD state lines.
While professional players must receive an invite to play in the Masters, there’s also a list of qualifications that automatically determine who can participate in the prestigious golf tournament.
The best types of golf wagers when betting on the Masters Tournament in Maryland are those that you have thoroughly researched and feel confident about placing. While it would be great to tell you which bet you will win and profit the most on, that’s just not how it works.
We would all be rich in that case. However, you can be smart about your betting strategy. You can check and make sure you are getting the best odds.
The green jacket has been synonymous with the winner of the Masters Tournament since 1949, but the tradition actually started years before. Augusta National members originally wore the green jacket from 1937-1948. Today, the winner of the Masters Tournament is still awarded the green jacket during a final grand ceremony.