Now that sports betting is legalized in Maryland, you probably have a couple of questions about NCAA betting in Maryland. In this guide, we are going to look at the basics of betting on NCAAB. For example, we answer key questions such as if it’s legal, what are the popular bets, and where to place NCAAB bets in Maryland.
- NCAAB Betting Sites in MD
- Best sportsbooks for NCAAB betting in MD 2023
- Best sites for NCAAB bets in Maryland
- MD NCAAB betting in general
- FAQ's About NCAA Betting in Maryland
NCAAB Betting Sites in MD
NCAAB betting in Maryland is easily one of the most popular forms of sports betting. It offers quite a few betting options, and most sportsbooks provide NCAAB betting to make matters more convenient. If you do a lot of research about NCAAB best bets, NCAAB betting trends, and NCAAB betting picks, you are sure to experience some success in college basketball sports betting.
Best sportsbooks for NCAAB betting in MD 2023
Maryland NCAAB betting: All sites are 100% legal & licensed by the state.
|Caesars Sportsbook Up to $1,250 bonus||Bet now Caesars MD promo code|
|BetRivers Sportsbook Up to $500 in bonus bets||Bet now BetRivers MD promo code|
|DraftKings Sportsbook Bet $5, get $150 in bonus bets||Bet now DraftKings MD promo code|
|Betfred Sportsbook Get up to $1,111 in Fred Bets||Bet now|
|BetMGM Sportsbook Up to $1,000 in bonus bets||Bet now BetMGM MD bonus code|
|FanDuel Sportsbook Bet $5 get $200 in bonus bets||Bet now FanDuel MD promo code|
|PointsBet Sportsbook Five Second Chance Bets Up To $100 Each||Bet now PointsBet MD promo code|
|Crab Sports Up to $250 in bonus bets||Bet now Crab Sports promo code|
Best sites for NCAAB bets in Maryland
If you want to place NCAAB bets in Maryland, you need to go to a licensed Maryland online sports betting site. Some of the most popular sportsbooks include BetMGM, DraftKings, FanDuel, Pointsbet, and Barstool Sports.
BetMGM MD NCAAB Bets
BetMGM offers great odds and an intuitive website for NCAAB betting in Maryland. Their odds are some of the best, and they have a reliable and trustworthy reputation, meaning you don’t have to worry about your information being leaked or stolen. BetMGM Maryland also offers incredible promos, so check them out when you have a chance.
DraftKings NCAAB Betting lines
DraftKings is another leading site for NCAAB best. DraftKings Maryland offers some of the best odds, and they even offer an incredibly convenient app. The interface on both their website and app is very modern and easy to use.
FanDuel NCAAB Sportsbook
FanDuel Maryland is very comparable to DraftKings in a number of ways. It, too offers decent odds, but we’re most impressed by their easy-to-use interface. This is a great choice for NCAAB betting in Maryland.
Pointsbet NCAAB lines
Pointsbet Maryland is a safe and reliable site for placing NCAAB bets. Their site isn’t as intuitive as some of the others, but their odds are pretty decent, and their site is incredibly trustworthy and reliable.
Barstool NCAAB odds
Barstool Sportsbook MD has almost created a world around sports betting. Their NCAAB betting odds are really accurate, and their interface is very fun and convenient. Many younger bettors especially like playing on Barstool Sports sportsbook.
MD NCAAB betting in general
Is NCAAB Betting Legal in Maryland?
Yes. NCAAB Betting is legal in Maryland if you are over the age of 21. Another caveat is that you have to bet with a licensed sports betting operator within the state. Luckily, it’s not too hard to find really reputable and legal sports betting operators so that you can place NCAAB bets in Maryland.
What Are Popular NCAAB Bets?
Basketball is one of the most popular sports for betting because there are plenty of opportunities for new, unique, and fun bets. However, even if you are more of a traditional person, some of the most basic bets are all found in NCAAB betting. Some of the most popular bets include moneyline, spread, totals, parlays, and live betting.
- Moneyline: Moneyline bets are wagered based on who will win the game. No other factors are considered.
- Spread: Betting on the spread is when you estimate the margin of victory. This is different from moneyline because, in moneyline, it doesn’t matter how much the team wins by, so long as they win. With spreads, you are estimating how much the team wins.
- Totals: A total bet, sometimes called an over-under bet, is when you wager on if the combined total points of the game are over or under the estimate of the sportsbook.
- Parlay: A parlay is when you fold multiple wagers all into the same bet. You have to get all of the individual bets correct for the parlay to have a payout.
- Live Betting: Live betting is when you wager on a game that is already being played.
All of these bets are popular for individual games within the NCAAB, but picks and parlays NCAAB are all-time betting favorites. These sorts of bets are also popular in other sports. So, you may already be familiar with some of them.
Tournaments and Championship
If you want to bet on an NCAAB tournament or championship, there are a couple of other bets to be aware of. This is especially prevalent for NCAA’s March Madness. The most popular bets for these sorts of events include brackets, futures, and singles.
- Brackets: A brackets wager is really difficult to get right. You will fill out a 63 game bracket before the tournament begins. These brackets are often put into a pool.
- Futures: Futures bets are whenever you pick on who will be the conference winner or national winner before these events are held.
- Singles: Singles are whenever you simply wager on an individual game within the tournament, giving you more betting control.
What are NCAAB Betting Lines?
The NCAAB betting lines are a special type of wager. So it is whenever the sportsbooks set specific gambling odds to determine the favorite of the game. As a result, a margin, or line, is made between the two teams. The NCAAB betting line is named after the margin created. It also creates parameters around the game’s wagers.
How Do I Place NCAAB Bets?
Placing NCAAB bets is relatively easy. Here are the basic steps for placing an NCAAB bet in Maryland:
- Find a sportsbook. Most all sportsbooks will offer wida sports markets with NCAAB betting options. Before deciding on a sportsbook, make sure that they accept your payment method. Payment methods can be a bit finicky with sportsbooks. Some credit card companies will also not let you bet online.
- Create an account with the sportsbook. You will need to put in some personal information, such as your name, birth date, and personal address.
- Research the game, event, and odds. Research is crucial for making well-thought-out bets. Make sure to research the games, players, and sportsbooks.
- Upload your deposit. Most sportsbooks accept leading credit cars, such as Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- Place your wager. It is as simple as that!
NCAAB Betting Tips
1. Don’t get distracted
Unless you are superhuman, you won’t be able to keep track of all of the odds, games, injuries, and trades. As a result, it’s easy to get distracted if you are interested in NCAAB betting. However, if you just focus on a couple of teams you really like, you have a better chance of making well-informed bets that can lead to a more lucrative outcome.
2. Research, Research, Research!
It’s always important to research thoroughly before placing a wager. This includes researching the most up-to-date odds. For example, make sure to check out college basketball expert picks and trends. In addition, looking at common NCAAB picks can help you out when you go to make your own wagers.
Beyond researching college Bball picks and parlays, you also need to research the sportsbooks you want to use. Sportsbooks offer different odds and promotions. Researching which site you use can help you maximize your dollar and make more informed bets.
3. Stick to Original Predictions
Sometimes, the odds for a game will change right before the game starts because of where the public money is at. So try to stick to the oddsmakers’ original prediction to hopefully make more money.
FAQ’s About NCAA Betting in Maryland
NCAAB free picks are expert predictions about individual games and tournaments. Sportsbooks will offer free picks, but you can look online for different advice and picks too. For example, there are a lot of websites dedicated to NCAA games and discussions. These sites may not be geared towards sports betting, but they can help you know which team to wager on.
NCAAB betting percentages tell you what the public thinks about college basketball picks. More specifically, these percentages give you a consensus about what the public thinks will happen during the game. Keep in mind that NCAAB betting percentages are not exact, but they may be informative about which team may win.
Most sportsbooks offer NCAAB live betting. Since basketball is one of the most popular sports in the state and nation, nearly all do this. However, small or new sportsbooks may not have the funds yet to provide live betting options. The sportsbooks mentioned above offer live betting.
You will need key identifying information to sign up for a sportsbook. This includes your name, date of birth, and physical address. In order to place wagers, you have to upload payment information as well. You don’t have to upload this information when you first sign up for the sportsbook, though.
Officially, the NCAA is against sports betting on college basketball. They claim that it can corrupt the spirit of the games, as well as the athletes. There is no evidence that this occurs from sports betting, but it is the NCAA’s stance.