The Stanley Cup is the oldest sporting competition in North America. So, as you can probably imagine, there are a lot of people in our state that are itching to check out Stanley Cup betting Maryland.
- Guide to MD Stanley Cup betting
- Best sportsbooks for Stanley Cup betting MD 2023
- Best sportsbooks for Stanley Cup betting MD
- All about Stanley Cup betting odds MD
- Available markets for Stanley Cup betting in MD
- Top research tips for Stanley Cup betting MD
- FAQ’s About Stanley Cup betting Maryland
Guide to MD Stanley Cup betting
Even though Playoffs betting in the state was legalized in 2021, you have thousands of punters gambling on the Stanley Cup every round. This is an introductory guide to Stanley Cup betting in Maryland. We want to tell you exactly how everything works. This includes an in-depth look at how betting odds work, the best sportsbooks, and the gambling options that eager gamblers have available to them.
Best sportsbooks for Stanley Cup betting MD 2023
Stanley Cup betting Maryland: All sites are 100% legal & licensed by the state.
|DraftKings Sportsbook Bet $5, get $150 in bonus bets||Bet now DraftKings MD promo code|
|Betfred Sportsbook Get up to $1,111 in Fred Bets||Bet now|
|BetRivers Sportsbook Up to $500 in bonus bets||Bet now BetRivers MD promo code|
|Caesars Sportsbook Up to $1,500 in bet credits||Bet now Caesars MD promo code|
|FanDuel Sportsbook Bet $5 get $200 in bonus bets||Bet now FanDuel MD promo code|
|BetMGM Sportsbook Up to $1,000 in bonus bets||Bet now BetMGM MD bonus code|
Best sportsbooks for Stanley Cup betting MD
Since you can’t really do all that much without somewhere to gamble, we are going to start by talking about the best sportsbooks for Stanley Cup betting in Maryland.
As you will discover rather quickly, Maryland has no shortage of sportsbooks open for punters. Since gambling on the Stanley Cup is fairly new, it seems that a new site tries to enter the market each week. The problem is that finding an awesome place to gamble is tricky. Not only does it take a little bit more time, but you could end up losing your cash.
The ensure that you have the most fun gambling, we just want to tell you what the best MD NHL sportsbooks to offer Stanley Cup betting in Maryland are. This way, you can spend more time gambling and less time browsing through awful sportsbooks.
BetMGM Stanley Cup bets
BetMGM is always a great place to start if you have never bet on the Stanley Cup before. This is because BetMGM is designed for new gamblers. As a result, they do not always have the most sports markets available.
However, this is a site that is more than happy to walk you through, step by step, just how to gamble. The betting markets are simple to understand, and BetMGM supports a wealth of payment methods.
Draftkings Stanley Cup odds
Not everybody owns a computer. Most people have just a cellphone or, at a push, a tablet computer nowadays. Draftkings realizes this. While they maintain an awesome desktop site, they also offer a great mobile experience for keen gamblers. With their live betting options, betting from your mobile device on Stanley Cup games has never been easier.
Fanduel Stanley Cup lines
If you are new to gambling, then you may want to look at some of the promotions that Fanduel offers. They focus heavily on brand-new gamblers. You never know what you may get. Some people can get risk-free bets, while others may be able to enjoy matched-deposit bonuses. Either way, you are going to end up with more cash to bet on those Stanley Cup games.
Pointsbet Stanley Cup betting
We have seen people refer to Pointsbet as the home of the parlay bet. This is fair to say. They offer plenty of Hockey betting lines in Maryland that you can easily put into a parlay bet. They also tend to offer some of the best parlay odds in the business. Not for new gamblers, but experienced gamblers may want to take a look.
Barstool Stanley Cup bets
Barstool Sportsbook offers some of the best gambling tipsters in the business. They actually run their own podcast where they share tips for plenty of events. This includes the Stanley Cup. Since listening to betting tips is one of the best ways to research bets, Barstool Sportsbook is certainly worth checking out. But, of course, it helps that the company offers great odds too.
All about Stanley Cup betting odds MD
Nearly everything that you do when you are betting on the Stanley Cup will revolve around Maryland betting odds. In fact, a good chunk of your time, once you become a serious gambler, may involve jumping from sportsbook to sportsbook to get your hands on the best odds for the markets you want to dive into.
The odds are important because they tell you two things:
- How much you will win from your bet
- How risky your bet is.
This is why we actually want to spend a bit of time talking about how odds work. What causes them to change, etc.
How Stanley Cup betting odds are read
There are three different ways that odds are displayed at Maryland sportsbooks. While the American Odds system is the traditional method in Maryland, you can often switch between the three options whenever you like. On the off-chance that your selected Stanley Cup sportsbook doesn’t offer American Odds, we want to quickly break down each system, so you know how they work.
As we said before, this is the system that you will likely encounter. You will know that you are dealing with American odds if you see a number preceded by a + or -. So, the odds may be displayed as such:
The + or – is going to be the most important thing here. This will tell you the base risk of the bet. So, if you see a +, then you know that this is a risky bet because you are dealing with an underdog. If you see a -, then the bet is a little bit safer.
The combination of the +/- and the number will tell you how much you could potentially win. In the case of a -, the number that accompanies the symbol is how much you would bet to win $100. In the case of a +, this is how much you would win if you bet $100.
There are a lot of gamblers that prefer decimal odds. This is because they are a bit easier to read. There are no symbols to pay attention to here. You just have a number. Take this number and multiply it by your stake. This is how much you will receive from a winning bet.
The higher the number that appears, the riskier the bet is.
Fractional odds can be tricky to understand for new gamblers. As the name suggests, they are displayed as a fraction, so 2/1, 7/2, etc.
The first number in a fractional odd is how much you would win. The second number is how much you would need to bet to win that amount. So, for example, with 7/2 odds. For every $2 you bet, you would win $7.
The reason why they are trickier to understand is that to work out the favorite. You need to do some math. This means converting the number to decimal. You just divide the first number in the fraction by the second number. The higher the number from the calculation, the riskier the bet is.
What causes betting odds for the Stanley Cup to change
Once you start getting properly into Stanley Cup betting, it won’t be long before you are keeping a watchful eye on Stanley Cup betting odds. It also won’t be long before you notice that betting odds change frequently, and each sportsbook will have different odds available. In addition, you may find that some sites with Maryland online sports betting that normally offer tremendous odds offer the worst betting odds. Ever wondered why this is? Let us explain.
The Betting odds calculation
For the most part, betting odds should always be a reflection of the outcome, most likely in a game. So when a sportsbook posts betting odds, it certainly will be.
However, as bets start to roll in, money will be spent over several betting markets. The goal of a sportsbook is to ensure that there is an even amount of cash placed on all betting markets. This will ensure that no matter what happens during the Playoffs, they are going to make a profit.
If the favorite starts to attract a lot of bets, the sportsbook will often try and make the underdog bet more appealing. This means lengthening the odds to make them seem more attractive.
Due to how this works, you may often find that betting odds are not a true reflection of what may happen in the game. In some cases, the underdog attracts so few bets that their odds are wildly long.
Far longer than they should be. Learning how to spot odds like this is part of becoming a successful gambler. If you can identify odds that seem to be slightly miscalculated, you have a chance to make some cash.
Because the Stanley Cup is an event that takes place over 4-7 rounds, teams are often plagued by injuries, poor form, etc. As a result, you will see sportsbook odds start to change to reflect this. For example, if a past favorite isn’t performing well, their odds may become longer. In rare cases, you may even see the underdog and favorite switch positions before the game starts.
Available markets for Stanley Cup betting in MD
Betting markets are the type of bet that you will be able to make on the Stanley Cup. Most sportsbooks make it seem as if there are a ton of different betting markets available. For the most part, though, they are all going to fall into one of these categories:
- Moneyline: this is where you bet on the winner of the game. Most sportsbooks will not offer this type of bet for Stanley Cup games. If they do, the odds are never going to be all that great.
- Puck Lines: this is the version of the moneyline. You can bet two ways here. If you bet on the favorite, you are betting on them winning by more than 1.5 goals. If you bet on the underdog, you bet on them to win or to not lose by more than 1.5 goals. This is a great bet to snatch up if there is a clear favorite.
- Over/Under Stanley Cup Bets focus on betting on what the combined score for the teams may be. You may sometimes see this referred to as totals.
- Winner at the end of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd: with these bets, the game is essentially split into three sections. You are betting who will win each section as if it were a mini-game.
- Prop Bets: these are your side market bets. The most common may be the first goalscorer. However, you may be able to bet on more unique things, such as how many fights will break out. The time of the first goal. The speed of the puck for the first goal, etc.
- Futures: this is where you should be looking if you want Stanley Cup winner odds. Futures bets focus on the entirety of the playoffs. So, the winner is the obvious one here. However, you can also bet on the top scorer over the 4-7 rounds, the best goalies, and a whole lot more.
Top research tips for Stanley Cup betting MD
We want to wrap up by giving you a few tips that you can use to improve your research. As you will discover quite fast when betting on the Stanley Cup, research into your bets is how you make money:
- Always try to pay attention to betting tipsters. You do not have to follow their advice. However, these people know a lot about the Stanley Cup and the teams taking part. If you can take even a small amount of information from them, you are going to be in a much better place.
- You should always be reading the news. If you don’t keep up to date with injury lists, management changes, etc., then you may struggle to make informed bets.
- You should also ensure that you keep up with individual team news. This means that you will need to pay attention to their recent performances on the ice.
- Look at how odds change over a week or so. If there seems to be a wild change in the betting odds, then this could indicate that there is some major piece of news that is likely impacting who people believe will win a game. Try and work out why this is happening.
- Read social media. Not always the best source of information, but there are always a few diamonds that you can pick out.
- Watch games. The more you watch the game, the better you will get to know the teams.
Jumping into Stanley Cup Betting in Maryland is likely going to be easier than you may think. If you already have a solid understanding of how the sport works, then you are most of the way there. All you need is a good sportsbook and a bit of cash, and you are ready to go. Just please make sure that you make sensible bets. We want you to win, after all.
FAQ’s About Stanley Cup betting Maryland
Ideally, when you feel informed about the futures bet. Some may do it before any games have been played. Some people may wait until the middle of the season. Do it when you know that you can make an informed choice on the Stanley Cup future.
You should be betting, at maximum, the week before. If you do it too early, you won’t have all the information that you need to make an informed bet.
While not always necessary, if you want to ensure that you always get the best odds, you may want to be signed up to two or three different sportsbooks.
An enhanced odds bonus is when a sportsbook promotes specific betting lines by boosting their odds. This is normally a promotion run shortly before a game starts to pull in the last few gamblers.
Assuming that you are a Maryland resident and the sportsbook is allowed to operate in Maryland, then, yes, Stanley Cup betting is legal.